Friday, November 04, 2005

I was born in Whelen Springs, Ar. in 1948. Born at home in a "sawmill camp". My father was a blacksmith at the sawmill. We moved to California shortly after I was born. Things come around full circle as I moved back my senior year of high school.

We moved to Filo, Ca. and my dad went to work in another sawmill and my family lived in a large tent (as did a lot of families ).

My first memories were after we moved to Calpella, Ca. Again another sawmill camp but all the workers lived in houses. My Uncle Pressely and Aunt Jessie May already worked and lived there and helped my dad get a job at the mill. My oldest brother Wilson and his wife Georgie May lived in the same house. I can remember my dad was adding a room to the house and as he was working on the floor and needed his hammer ( about 12 feet away), asked me to get it for him. I remember not being able to pick it up and had to just brag it over to him and thinking he must be sooo strong. I think I was about 2 or 3.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lady Prism said...

I read this and tried to see everything in my mind...jreads just like a movie..

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home